We’re supposed to get some ice here in the SE this weekend, and we always get very excited and stock up on bread and milk. Well, there’s still plenty of winter left, and it’s been a cold one. So stock up on long sleeves while they are 30% off at our LAST CHANCE FOR LONG SLEEVES SALE. There’s only 2 days left. Not only will you find great long sleeve styles, we have some Toddler and Men’s fleece on sale, too.
Monthly Archives: January 2010
Since it’s too cold right now to go out and gaze at the night sky, check out these great t-shirts to bring the night sky to you. Although they require some daytime preparation, they will be sure to make a fashion statement long after the sun goes down!
• Black or Navy Rock Bottom T-Shirt
• Con-Tact® Paper*
• Fabric Paint
• Cotton Swabs
• Foam Paint Brushes
• Glow-in-the-dark Paint
*Adhesive paper, available at any craft or school supply store
1. On the Con-Tact® paper, trace a round plate for a planet, or draw a waning moon and stars.
2. Cut from the center of the shape to create a stencil, then peel off the backing and press the stencil onto the shirt.
3. Insert a piece of cardboard between the shirt layers to keep the paint from bleeding through.
4. Use a paintbrush to fill in the shapes with fabric paint (we used white for the planet and moon, silver glitter for the stars).
5. After the paint dries, add a layer of glow-in-the-dark paint (we used orange for the planet, white for the rest).
6. When that paint is dry, peel off the stencil.
7. Add green glow-in-the-dark rings to the planet.
8. For small stars, use a cotton swab to dab glitter-paint dots onto the shirt.
9. Follow the fabric paint instructions for setting the design and washing your shirt
I HATE LAUNDRY!! And as a Mom, it never seems to end. My son is a magnet for dirt and stains. And when he was a baby… look out! There was always a load going.
Well, look no further, because the scientists at the Korea Institute of Science and Technology have a solution for all of your laundry needs.
Yes, that’s right… robots. And while fans of Will Smith may find it a little bit too much like I Robot, I say bring em on. Scientists have now created two versions of domestic help robots. These robots can microwave food, do laundry (including picking up the clothes beforehand) and help with general all around clean up. What’s really cool is their latest version “Mahru-Z”, which is programmed to actually “see” chores that need to be done. Many moms out there would like to program their families to do that! To read more, check out this great article from CNET.com (found on Anyonething.com).
Unfortunately, scientists are far away from mass production. So for now Moms, just try my solution for the new baby laundry pile-up. Buy enough infant bodysuits so they can dirty them up 10 times a day, but you only have to do laundry once per day! That’s pretty easy at Rock Bottom T-Shirts where infant bodysuits are $1 – $3 each! And new mom tip: While you’re there pick up some shirts for yourself, because believe it or not, you will get very dirty, too!
Select long sleeves styles are 30% off this week. Even though plenty of Spring fashion is available from Rock Bottom T-Shirts, there are actually more than 50 days of winter left this year. So stay warm for less with Rock Bottom T-Shirts’ Long Sleeve Sale!
Rock Bottom T-Shirts is making it easy to get a head start on shopping for your spring wardrobe! We are now offering over 60 items from our Spring Collections at half off. Get spring styles for the whole family at crazy low prices THIS WEEK ONLY! We have styles for Ladies, Juniors, Girls, Toddlers, Infants and more. This sale is over Jan. 17, 2010, so don’t wait! Visit RockBottomT-Shirts.com to start saving on spring!