Many schools across the country will be letting out for Spring Break soon. Here are some great sun safety tips from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).
- Babies under 6 months of age should be kept out of direct sunlight. It is okay to apply a small amount of sunscreen on infants under 6 months if there is no way to avoid the sun.
- For kids, choose sunscreen that is made for children, preferably waterproof.
- Look for the words “broad-spectrum” on the label – it means that the sunscreen will screen out both ultraviolet B (UVB) and ultraviolet A (UVA) rays.
- Before covering your child, test the sunscreen on your child’s back for an allergic reaction. If a rash develops, talk with your pediatrician.
- Put on sunscreen 30 minutes before going outdoors – it needs time to work on the skin.
- Reapply sunscreen every two hours.
Having Fun in the Sun
- The sun’s rays are the strongest between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Try to keep out of the sun during those hours.
- The sun’s damaging UV rays can bounce back from sand, snow or concrete; so be particularly careful of these areas.
- Most of the sun’s rays can come through the clouds on an overcast day; so use sun protection even on cloudy days.
- While outside, drink plenty of water, even if you do not feel thirsty.
- Stay within the designated swimming area at the beach and ideally within the visibility of a lifeguard.
- Never swim alone.
- Be aware of rip currents. If you should get caught in a current, don’t try to swim against it. Swim parallel to shore until clear of the current.
What to Wear
- Babies should be dressed in lightweight clothing that covers the arms and legs and in brimmed hats. Check out some super soft light weight long sleeve t-shirts, pants and bucket hats from RockBottomT-Shirts.com, perfect for keeping your baby cool and covered.
- For kids, the AAP recommends clothes made of tightly woven fabrics. Cotton clothing is a good choice because it’s both cool and protective. RockBottomT-Shirts.com has a large selection of Toddler, Boys and Girls T-Shirts made from 100% cotton and perfect for the warm weather.
Visit the American Academy of Pediatrics for more great Spring Break tips.
And for great clothes to wear on your Spring Break trip for the entire family, check out RockBottomT-Shirts.com!
Get ready for Spring with our Juniors Spring Fling Sale. 21 Juniors Tees, Tanks and Shorts are on sale this week for 30% off! Sale ends Sunday April 4, so check out these great deals today at RockBottomT-Shirts.com.
All dog shirts are 33% off through Sunday! These are some of lowest prices you can find on dog clothing around! For more information, check out our specials page.
In honor of National Puppy Week, we share with you some craft ideas for your dogs. No, these are not crafts for your dog to do (although, if you have a dog that can craft we’d love to hear about it!). These are crafts for you to do for your dog.
- Old, but sturdy, pet collar
- 1 piece decorative fabric with stiff backing (large enough to wrap completely around collar) – Try cutting up one of our tie-dye or camouflage t-shirts.
- Double-stick hemming tape
1. Cut fabric to accommodate your pet’s collar. Fabric should be long enough to cover the collar while leaving room for buckle or clasp. Fabric should be three times as wide as the collar. Set collar aside.
2. Affix double-stick hemming tape along the length of the wrong side of fabric. Press down. Then pull off backing from the other side of the tape.
3. Fold fabric over twice and press down, creating a tube to slide collar into.
4. Slide collar into collar cover.
5. Put on your pet!
Create a Paw Print T-Shirt from Ehow.com.
1. Dip your (or your child’s) palm and 3 fingers into the paint. (pointer, middle and ring fingers)
2. You made need to make the paint on the palm appear rounded, using a paintbrush will smooth it out.
3. Stamp the paint colored hand onto the shirt and do it several times all over the shirt. You may need to dip your palm and fingers a few times or the prints will appear faded.
4. Allow to dry! You now have a cute animal paw print t-shirt.
Other ideas include fabric painting your adorable dog t-shirt or purchasing iron-on transfers. Many company’s sell rhinestone transfers which look great on our black ruffle doggie t-shirt
These are just a few ideas on how to celebrate your love of dogs! For great dog t-shirts, be sure to check our RockBottomT-Shirts
where all dog tees are 33% off this week! Enjoy your puppy, and post pictures of your craft projects on our Facebook page
National Puppy Day, founded in 2006, was created to promote puppy adoption and to forward education about the cruelness of puppy mills. A dog can provide years of love and joy and is a great fit for many families. However, puppies and dogs are a big responsibility. According to Petfinder.com, over 85% of pets in shelters and rescue programs were given up over “resolvable issues.” So before you adopt sit down with your family and discuss how you will take care of this new member of the family. Some items to discuss include:
- Is your residence suitable for a pet?
- Which adult will take care of the pet?
- Does anyone in your household have a health issue that may be affected by a pet?
- What kind of plans will you make for your pet while you are at work or traveling?
- What breed will best fit your lifestyle?
These are just a few items to take into consideration before adopting. Click here
for a great checklist on adopting a pet from Petfinder.com
. Once you’ve been over the checklist with your family, you can visit Petfinder.com
to find places to adopt your pet and articles on raising your new loved one.
Now that you have a great new pet, don’t forget some fashionable tees, too. All dog tees are 33% off this week at RockBottomT-Shirts.com
In honor of National Puppy Day tomorrow, all dog tees are 33% off now through March 28. So Adopt a Puppy and buy them a t-shirt or buy one for a dog you already love. Check out our blog tomorrow for great tips on adding a new furry friend to your household.
Celebrate Spring this weekend by saving 33%
on select infant new arrivals.