Rock Bottom T-Shirts is having a great sale this week on select kids styles. T-shirts, tanks, shorts, creepers and more are all $5.25 and under. Check out these great styles on sale now, and stock up for summer! Sale prices good until May 2nd.
Monthly Archives: April 2010
Only two days left to save 30% off all organic apparel at RockBottomT-Shirts.com. Sale ends Sunday April 25.
HAPPY EARTH DAY!!
You’ve heard the phrase Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. In honor of Earth Day today, here is a great way to recycle your favorite Rock Bottom T-Shirt into a great backpack! This craft will take a little extra time and skill, but the outcome is well worth it!
• Any Rock Bottom T-Shirt
• 1 Yard Fusible Tricot Interfacing
• 4 Yards Cording
• Rotary Cutter
• Large Eyelet Kit
1. Lay your T-Shirt flat on your rotary cutting mat. Cut through both layers of the shirt. Place the ruler underneath the neckline of the shirt, and cut across the top of the shirt. Using scissors, cut down next to the sleeves, and cut off the sleeves.
2. Using your rotary cutter and ruler, cut 2” off the bottom, measuring up from the bottom hem. This hem is going to become the casing for the top of your bag.
3. On the remaining shirt, cut to an 18” square if possible, (depending on the size of your shirt) or the largest square possible if you have a smaller shirt.
4. Iron fusible interfacing to the back of the two 18” squares. The interfacing stretches one way, and the shirt stretches one way. Place the interfacing so that the stretch is the opposite way from the stretch in the shirt.
5. Cut the 2” hem strips into two pieces 17” (0r 1” shorter than the width of your square). Trim the strips about 1/4” from the hem edge as shown.
6. Place the hem pieces right sides together with the t-shirt squares. The hem pieces need to be on the top edge. Pin away from the raw edge. Because you are going to sew the pieces, you need to be especially careful to remove the pins before you get to them. The hem strip should start and end 1/2” from the ends. This way it won’t be caught in the side seams.
7. Sew the hem strips to the top of each of the t-shirt pieces.
8. Sew the sides and bottom. Be careful not to catch the hem strips in the side seams.
9. Turn right side out, and insert the “Eyelets” following the package instructions in the two lower corners.
10. Cut the cord in half. Insert the end of one cord into one of the eyelets, and tie a knot. Thread one of the ends into the front hem/casing, and around through the other side into the back hem/casing. Bring it back down into the same hole as the first end and knot off. If you have trouble getting the ends through the hole, wrap tape around the end.
After you have completed the first side, do the same on the other side. Try on your back bag, and adjust the cord as needed, cutting off the excess. Fill your bag, and you are ready to go!
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle!
- Protect your local water source from pollutants, excess pesticides and garbage.
- Use human powered modes of transportation (like walking or biking) and when that is not possible use public transportation or carpool.
- Try Composting.
- Choose energy savings appliances when available, saving not only the Earth but oftentimes money, too!
- Join or start a green club in your community.
- Use reusable water bottles and coffee mugs at home and at the office, something we have done here at RockBottomT-Shirts.com.
- Lower your carbon or ecological footprint. Visit Myfootprint.org to take a ecological footprint quiz or CarobonFootprint.com to find out your carbon footprint. Both websites give great suggestions to help you lessen yours.
RockBottomT-Shirts.com offers 7 organic styles. Organic cotton is grown without the use of pesticides which has many environmental benefits. To read about the benefits of organic cotton, check out the Organic Trade Association’s website. This week only, save 30% off all of our organic cotton styles at RockBottomT-Shirts.com.
Did you miss our one day sale yesterday? Take 15% off your order this weekend only with coupon code TAX15. Even if you didn’t miss our sale, you can use this coupon code to come back for more. And don’t forget FREE SHIPPING on orders over $45. FREE SHIPPING is calculated after all discounts are taken, so you must order $53 in merchandise to receive FREE SHIPPING with this promotion. So visit us today at www.RockBottomT-Shirts.com.
RockBottomT-Shirts.com is having its first ever one day sale. In honor of tax day being April 15, we’re doing a double tax day sale and offering 30% off everything in the store. On top of that, we always pay the tax and FREE SHIPPING on orders over $45!