One of the most anticipated golf events of the year is here, The Masters. In honor of our RockBottomT-Shirts.com Golf Shirt Sale this week, we wanted to provide you with some fun Masters History facts.
- Jack Nicklaus has won the Masters more times than any other golfer. He has won six times in 1963, 1965, 1966, 1972, 1975 and 1986
- Jack Nicklaus is also the oldest player ever to win the Masters at age 46 in 1986.
- Tiger Woods is the youngest player to ever win the Masters at age 21 in 1997.
- The average age of the Masters winner is 32.66 years.
- The average number of attempts before a first victory is 6.
- The most number of attempts before a first victory is 15 by Mark O’Meara who won in 1998.
- There have been 19 Holes-in-One in Masters history, all on holes 4, 6, 12 and 16.
- The lowest 72 hole score is 270 by Tiger Woods in 1997.
- The highest winning score is 289 by Sam Snead in 1954, Jack Burke in 1956 and Zach Johnson in 2007.
- Four different players have scored the exact same in every round: Walter Hagen in 1939 scored 76 in each round; Lew Worsham in 1954 scored 74 in each round; Kenny Knox in 1987 scored 75 in each round and George Archer in 1989 scored 75 in each round.
- Gary Player leads the way in most Masters starts with 52 overall between 1957 and 2009.
- Arnold Plamer leads the way with the most consecutive starts: 50 between 1954 and 2004.
For more fun Master facts, visit the history page at Masters.com.
And for great Golf Shirts to wear while you practice out on the course, check out RockBottomT-Shirts.com where all Golf Shirts are 25% off this week only!