This project makes a great gift for any fashion focused girl. The best part of this craft is everything is customizable and you can make it on the cheap with just a few items.You can pick the fabric and findings and make each one uniquely theirs (or yours). Continue reading
Monthly Archives: November 2010
Thanksgiving is just around the corner and will be here before we know it! We found this great t-shirt idea you and your kids will love. These t-shirts are so cute and personalized specifically for each child because the turkey on the shirt is actually their own handprint. Follow these easy instructions and your adorable Thanksgiving outfits will be done in no time.
- T-shirt or infant bodysuit
- Buttons and red felt
- Hand needle and thread
- Sewing machine (or whole project can be hand sewn, which ever you prefer)
1. Trace your child’s hand on paper and cut-out. Make sure you have a piece of fabric cut just bigger than the size of the hand cut-out. With the right side of the fabric up, place it inside of the shirt and pin to the front (where you want your turkey to be). The right side of the fabric is pinned to the inside of the front of the t-shirt. Make sure you place your cut-out on TOP of the underneath fabric.
2. Pin the cut-out down and then sew around the edge of the cutout. Remove pins and hand template. You’ll see the outline of a hand.
3. Next, gently pull apart the inside of the hand shape that you’ve just sewn separating the t-shirt and fabric. Cut only the top t-shirt, along the inside of the sewn line (making sure you don’t cut the contrasting fabric underneath).
4. Stitch some legs. Sew on a button for the eye. Cut out some red felt for the gobble-gobble (that is the technical term, right?) and hand sew that on.
Save time and money by buying your shirts for this project here: