This t-shirt craft is a little more time-consuming, so it would make the perfect sleepover or slumber party activity.These one of a kind tees are just as much fun to make as they are to wear!
- Permanent Marker
- White Rock Bottom T-Shirt
- Tacky Glue
- Sponge Brush (or new kitchen sponge)
- Fabric Paint
1. Use a permanent marker to draw a thick-lined snowflake template on the paper.
2. Place the template over the cardboard and slip both inside the shirt, centering them behind the upper front of the garment. You will be able to see the template through the shirt.
3. Using a thin line of tacky glue (about 1/4-inch wide), trace the snowflake design onto the shirt. Let it dry for 10 minutes, then fill in any gaps with additional glue. Let the glue dry completely, until it is transparent (about 3 hours).
4. Dip the sponge brush in the paint and dab around the snowflake, completely covering the surrounding area. Use less paint toward the outer edge of the design. Let the paint dry overnight.
5. Soak the tee in warm water for about 10 minutes or until the glue softens. Peel off the glue and let the shirt dry, then follow the package instructions to set the fabric paint.
Here are a couple of snowflakes you can use as templates. Enlarge or reduce on a copier to get a size perfect for your t-shirt. (You could even group a few on the tee for a cute “snowfall”)