Good day, we’re very happy to bring you another installment of the Rock Bottom T-Shirts Boutique Clothing Craft Series; where we recognize the accomplishments of small business owners working in the clothing craft industry.
- Founder Name(s): Jill Armstrong
- Business Name: Lots of Laughs Boutique
- Years in Business: Less than a year
- Products Description: Boutique Children Items. Clothing & Accessories
- Website URL(s): www.lotsoflaughsboutique.com
- Contact Information: email@example.com
Jill Armstrong of Lots of Laughs Boutique Speaks with Rock Bottom T-Shirts
1. What inspired you to start an online clothing boutique?
I decided to start my business after we had our fourth & fifth children (twins). My goal was to do something where I could use my creativity and at the same time still be there for my family.
2. How did you get started?
I got started working out of my home on my kitchen table. This involved watching a lot of tutorials and doing festivals around town.
3. Are there any milestone moments that you’d like to share with us?
My most significant milestone moment came back in January 2011 when I realized that I had a passion for sewing.
4. How long does it take, on average, for you to complete a typical project?
I can complete an embroidery project within an hour. And a sewing project, depending upon the level of detail, can usually be finished within two to four hours.
5. Where do you find the inspiration to come up with these embellishments?
Most of my inspiration comes from my children. But I also get a lot of ideas and inspiration just from looking at models posing in fashion magazines.
6. What would you say is the biggest challenge facing boutique clothing craft businesses?
I’d say that at times coming up with designs can be one of the biggest challenges. However, I think an even bigger challenge is when customers don’t understand why they should pay a little extra for customized clothing.
7. Is there any advice that you’d like to share with someone who may be considering starting one?
My advice would be that you have to be dedicated and willing to put in the long hours. But that you also have to be just as committed to marketing yourself along with your products.
Thank you for checking out our sixth installment of our Boutique Clothing Craft Series. If you know of someone that you think we should feature in this series please let us know by mentioning it on our Facebook Fan Page.