The fact that there are so many retailers online who offer clothes for babies is great news for consumers. However, if you’re not careful this can also present bit of a challenge. Often the challenge comes in the form of information overload because sometimes having too many choices just makes it harder to make a decision.
A great way to address this issue is to set some basic criteria that online clothing stores must meet before you’d consider buying babies clothes from them. Here’s a brief list of criteria that you can use to simplify the process of buying clothes for your baby online.
Online Retailer Criteria
- Wide product selection. Finding a store that has a wide selection of baby clothes increases your chances of being able to find what you want on their website. On the other hand if you are only able to find one of the many items on your list at a particular online retailer this means you’ll still have to split your shopping up between multiple baby clothing websites.
- Reasonable product prices. Given the reduced cost structure that many online stores’ bear, you shouldn’t have to pay exorbitant prices when you’re buying online. The exception is if you’re buying high end designer brand baby clothing.
- Same day shipping offered. Finding an online store that offers same-day shipping can mean the difference between receiving your order when you need it versus waiting for a really long time to receive your baby clothes.
- Free shipping and/or reasonable shipping costs. No matter how good the prices on baby clothes are if the shipping costs are too high, then it almost defeats the purpose. That’s why it makes sense to check the shipping rates before loading your shopping cart with merchandise.
- Having a size chart. Knowing whether or not that 12 month baby bodysuit you’re about to buy online runs big or small can be extremely helpful. Having a sizing chart definitely helps but you can also address this by a) buying a small quantity from the online retailer first to test the sizing or b) reading the store’s product reviews to see what other customers are saying about the sizing.
- Customer service telephone number. Usually, if an online store has covered its bases you won’t need to call them. But even in the best of circumstances there are still times when you’d rather be able to reach a live voice. That’s why it’s a good idea to say that if a store doesn’t post this information on their site you won’t shop with them.
Benefits of Shopping Online for Babies Clothes
The Internet not only benefits consumers but it also helps retailers. The great thing about this is that in the long run when online retailers benefit so do you-as the consumer.
For example, if you look at Rock Bottom T-Shirts we are an internet based discount clothing retailer. But since we don’t have to worry about the expenses that come with managing a store front, we can pass these savings onto our customers. And in most cases these savings are so substantial that our prices are often compared with clothing wholesalers.
Do you have any tips to share on finding babies clothes online? We’d love to hear them. Let us know by commenting or if you prefer you can just like this post on Facebook.