Today’s color trend forecast, the APLF Fall-Winter 2010-2011 Color Trends forecast, comes from the Asia Pacific Leather Fair (APLF). In our last color trend series post we reviewed a spring and summer color trend forecast. However, today we’re looking at an autumn and winter forecast. This actually represents our third color trends review of the upcoming autumn and winter seasons.
One of the first things that we noticed about this forecast was that it’s based upon four palettes-each of which represents one of the four seasons. This would qualify today’s forecast as one of the more traditional color forecasts that we’ve reviewed.
Here’s a brief excerpt from APLF’s fall-winter color forecast:
“The contradictions of this century disorient us: things are changing and threaten to upset the way we live. The spirit of fashion for Fall-Winter 2010/2011 will express this evolution in two simultaneous ways:
1. A demand for quality, authenticity, safe values, protection and alternative energies.
2. A need for personalisation [sic]and individual freedom, which will bounce off restraints and radiate optimism.”
APLF 2010-2011 Autumn-Winter Palettes
This palette exudes cool undertones. The telltale give away that this is a summer palette is the heavy muted grays that cover each shade of this palette. This color palette could best be described as sophisticated and full of emotion.
This palette is built around rich brick red colored undertones and has a bit of a classic or elegant look to it. This group of colors would signify a heavy leaning towards the traditional autumn palette. Often these colors are associated with opulence and high society.
The stark black and white contrasts found in this palette make these colors reminiscent of what you might expect to see if you were looking at modern architecture. This is the perfect embodiment of a traditional winter palette. Usually, in movies and theater, this palette is reserved for the hero and the villain.
Very much associated with high-energy, this palette embraces complimentary colors and primarily revolves around blue and orange. These colors help to bring out a sense of happiness and excitement in the wearer. These characteristics are typically associated with the spring palette.
Depending upon which mood you find yourself in when you get dressed this autumn and winter, you could find expression wearing clothes that come in any one of the color palettes that we’ve just discussed.
This is one of the reasons that we follow the color trends so closely at Rock Bottom T-Shirts. It’s also why our website offers clothes in each of the four main color palettes. For example, if you’re looking for:
- Elegant colors (Touch!) – Our Women’s Long Sleeve Thermal T Shirts come in three autumn tones such as Brown, Eggplant, and Indigo.
- Energetic colors (Enjoy!) – Our Women’s Long Sleeve T-Shirt comes in several spring-like colors such as Orange, Key Lime, Mint, and Hot Pink.
- Sophisticated colors (Feel!) Our Women’s ¾ Sleeve V-Neck T-Shirts come in muted colors like Charcoal andTeal.
- Modern colors (Move!) – Our Junior Long Length Long Sleeve T-Shirts come in both Black and White.
Which colors do you think will be big this fall and winter? Please leave your comments to let us know. Likewise, if you enjoyed this post, please like it on Facebook and share it with your friends!