We recently published a post on how to cut back on the overall costs associated with running your Etsy storefront. However, this topic deserves so much attention that we thought we’d follow up with an in depth look at saving money on your business’s clothing supplies. Follow along as we show you three ways to consistently save money on applique friendly clothes for your Etsy store.
1 – Coupon Codes
One of the simplest ways to save money is to shop online and search for coupons that you can use on the website that you’ll be purchasing from. The best way to do this is by searching for the name of the online retailer along with phrases such as “coupon” or “promotional code”.
The results that are returned should contain coupons and promotional codes that either offer you discounts off the final price of your shopping cart or free shipping. Also, if you frequent the same stores, make sure to sign up for their e-mail list and follow them on Facebook and Twitter as you can often get extra coupons that way.
2 – Comparison Shopping Engines
In many instances, finding the right deal on clothes is as easy as visiting comparison shopping websites that provide pages of online retailer listings for a specific item. Many comparison sites feature side by side comparison charts that let you compare the cost for each retailer. This is a really simple way to consistently spot best deals.
3 – Shopping with Online-only Retailers
Online clothing stores can sometimes offer their merchandise at up to 60% off suggested retail prices. The most common reasons are:
- Unlike brick and mortar retail establishments, online stores don’t have the added expenses that come with running a storefront
- In addition to lower overhead, online stores are usually able to get better prices on the clothing that they purchase. The reason is that online stores tend to have much more storage space for stocking merchandise and as a result they’re able to purchase much more at a time than a brick and mortar store-which results in deeper savings.
- Online stores tend to rely less on traditional forms of advertising and more on marketing that is less costly, such as search engine marketing.
Rock Bottom T-Shirts is a perfect example of how you can save. Because of the factors we mentioned above, we’re able to offer top quality blanks that you can applique and sell to your customers for a profit. And that’s just the beginning because we run frequent specials and offer free shipping anytine you order more than $50 from us.
Below are just a few of the items that are popular with our customers’ who run boutique applique shops on Etsy:
- Baby Bodysuit – Long Sleeve (4411) – Our long sleeved baby bodysuits are made with 5.0 oz. 100% combed ringspun cotton baby rib. They feature three snap closures for easy changing and come in eleven fashionable colors. Price: $4.99 (compare at $7.95)
- Girls Long Sleeve Ruffle T-Shirt (2634) – These fashionable ruffle t-shirts are made with 5.8 oz. combed ringspun cotton 1×1 baby rib. Price: $5.99 (compare at $9.99)
- Toddler Short Sleeve T-Shirt (3301) – Cool, breathable 100% cotton in over 40 different kid pleasing colors. 5.5 oz. 100% cotton (Heather is 90/10) jersey. Price: $3.29 (compare at $5.95)
- Softy Kids T- Shirts – Toddler Sizes (3001) – Made with 5.5 oz. 100% combed ringspun cotton (Heather is 93/7), this t-shirt is about as soft as it gets. With a cover stitched crew neck and shoulder taping as well as double needle hems, these shirts keep their shape after wash. Price: $3.59 (compare at $6.95)
How do you consistently find clothes for your boutique clothing craft business at wholesale to the public pricing? Let us know by commenting below!