Believe it or not, living like a mega millions winner when you’re on a limited budget is probably a lot easier than you might think.
Living well, while spending less, is really about cutting the costs on your everyday spending so that you can have the luxury of choosing how to spend or invest your savings.
Trimming Your Grocery Bill
- Buy Generic – You can save a substantial amount money, sometimes as much as 25% to 30%, just by buying store brand products.
- Scan the Bottom Shelf – Grocery stores strategically place their higher priced items at eye level because they know that’s the first place you’d be likely to look. Just remembering to look at the bottom shelves, on every visit, can substantially reduce your shopping budget.
- Use Coupons – With so many deal sites, mobile apps and other convenient savings resources it’s easier than ever to take advantage of coupons.
Cutting Gasoline Costs
- Use Gas Websites – Comparing gas prices online or on your smart phone before fueling up is a great way to make sure that you always get the best fuel prices.
- Tire Pressure – Having inadequate tire pressure can cause your vehicle to get less gas mileage per gallon. Making sure that your tires are properly inflated goes a long way towards helping you cut your gasoline costs.
- Public Transportation – Public transportation offers a reliable way to make it to your destination at a fraction of the cost of what you’d spend on gasoline to go the same distance in your vehicle. If you live and work near a public transportation system this is one of the most practical ways to cut your fuel budget.
- Library – Libraries offer a terrific way to save money on your entertainment costs because not only can you save money on your books there, but since most of them also offer DVD’s you can also save money on movies there.
- Dine In – Find creative ways to make use of what’s already in your refrigerator. For example, you could re-cycle your savings by re-purposing your leftovers into a soup or a casserole.
- Cut Cable – This decision is one of the harder decisions for consumers to make – especially if you love cable programming. However, there are alternatives available that won’t drain your savings. Netflix’s $7.99 option, that let’s you stream popular TV shows and movies, is a perfect example.
Trendy Clothing on a Dime
- Buy Gently Worn Clothing – Buying gently worn clothing can have the effect of instantly tripling or even quadrupling your clothing budget; all keeping your real budget the same!
- Shop Out of Season Clothing – A great way to find clothes that are out of season is to shop the clearance aisle.
- Visit Rock Bottom T-Shirts – for top quality clothing at rock bottom prices!
We hope that you enjoyed this post and would love to hear from you! What are some of the things you’d recommend to anyone looking to live like a millionaire, on a budget? Drop us a comment and let us know. Thanks!