Having a baby is one of the most special times in a parent’s life. For the 40 weeks that it takes a baby to develop, many parents are preparing for their baby’s arrival. One way to celebrate the arrival of a new baby is by throwing a baby shower. Continue reading as we cover three ideas that can make the shower a special event, even if you’re on a tight budget.
Saving on Baby Shower Food
A typical baby shower has food, decorations and games. So the first topic that we’re going to discuss is how to save money on food. One way is that instead of serving a full meal, have the shower mid-day and only serve snacks and appetizers.
Since many shower participants will not show up on an empty stomach offering snacks shouldn’t be an issue. You can either buy pre-made snacks or to save even more, you can make them yourself!
Save by Getting Help
Another wonderful way to save money on your baby shower would be to enlist the help of someone who’s talented when it comes to food and decorations. For example, if one of your friends decided to bake a cake for your shower that could save you as much as $24.
Likewise, if one of your close friends or relatives, handled your decorations that would be another perfect way to save money.
Save through DIY Games and Activities
Although having games or activities at your baby shower isn’t a necessity, it’s something that helps keep everyone in a festive mood. Likewise, baby shower games and activities can also be really affordable.
There are a number of baby shower game ideas. If you plan it properly, games and activities is one of the areas that you can save the most money on at your baby shower. For example, one game that’s really fun and is free is “Can You Guess the Baby Picture?”
Here’s how the game works:
- Before the baby shower ask each attendee to bring a picture of themselves-when they were a baby
- As the guests arrive at the baby shower, collect each person’s baby picture and give each person a name tag, with their name written on it.
- Put the pictures on a cork board and number each one
- Get a sheet of paper and number it from one up to the highest number in your set of baby photos
- Write an empty line next to each number and make enough copies of the paper so that you can give one to each baby shower guest
- Pass the papers out and have the participants match the babies in the picture to the guests. To do so they will write the name of the guest that they think was the baby, on the line that corresponds to that particular baby photo.
Making the games from scratch, allows you to tailor the fun to your guests – while holding costs down.
Again, these are just a few of the ways that you can prepare an amazing baby shower, on a budget. There are many other ways to celebrate without overspending; in fact, just last week we published a post showing you how to save money by making your own diaper cakes. Just remember, that the key to making it all work out is using your imagination and delegating some or all of the work.