Cutting entertainment costs doesn’t have to translate into sitting around with nothing to do.
As a matter of fact, many people find that the creativity that goes into finding ways to lower your entertainment expenses without sacrificing your fun is entertainment in and of itself.
Continue reading as we share fifteen tips, with you, on how you can cut costs without sacrificing fun in the process.
We encourage you to see how many more ideas you can come up with as you’re reading this. We’re almost certain that it will be easier than you think!
Here are fifteen ways to cut your entertainment costs and still have fun:
- Read more books – Reading books is not only a great way to entertain yourself but it’s also a great way to exercise your mind.
- Teach yourself a new hobby – Since cutting back on your entertainment costs also means getting rid of things that aren’t in your budget, this will also free up time to pursue a new hobby.
- Frequent your library for movies and film – Libraries are great because they can help you transition from paid magazines, newspaper subscriptions and movie rentals to free ones – not to mention the books.
- Get yourself an entertainment coupon book and look there before attending a venue – One of the best things about entertainment coupon books is that you can often find free events in them.
- Take advantage of early bird specials at restaurants – Did you know that just by doing something as simple as altering your schedule, you can take advantage of early bird specials and save as much as 25% off of your dining bill?
- Swap your movies and books with someone who has what you’d like and vice versa – By swapping your books or movies with a friend not only are you saving money but you’re also getting an opportunity to bond with your loved ones.
- Go online to find free events – Sometimes you can find free events in your area at online destinations like Eventbrite.com
- Go to the park – Going to the park is another entertainment option that serves two purposes. On the one hand it’s great for exercise and on the other it can be a lot of fun.
- Consider getting rid of cable – There are a lot of things that you could get rid of to save money on your entertainment costs. However, remember that our aim isn’t just to save money but to also still have fun. Thanks to platforms like Netflix you can still enjoy great TV entertainment at a fraction of the cost of cable.
- Book your tickets online – Getting your tickets online allows you to take advantage of the seller’s broker relationships to ensure that you get the lowest possible ticket prices.
- Little league baseball game instead of the big leagues – There is just something about little league baseball games that makes them lots of fun – and did we mention that they’re free!
- Redeem reward programs to get cheaper movie tickets – Redeeming reward points is almost as good as getting paid to watch a movie!
- Watch the Matinee – Going to the matinee is a win for you and the theater. It allows you to see the latest movies at a substantial discount, while helping the theater fill seats during times that are normally slower.
- Play board games – Thanks to digital entertainment, board games have almost become a forgotten art. Nonetheless, they are still lots of fun and usually don’t cost much.
- Invite your friends to a potluck dinner instead of going to a restaurant – Instead of spending a fortune at a restaurant how about inviting friends and family over for a potluck dinner? It’s hard to beat the fact that you get to talk, compare recipes and enjoy good eating all at a fraction of the cost!
What ideas did you come up with? Drop us a comment and let us know!